Where are all yall Texas fighters at?

Go down

Where are all yall Texas fighters at?

Post  marcus on Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:33 pm

I have heard when is dagorhir going to get started in texas well here it is.When are yall going to support it when it comes to your living room on tv.How are we to grow if no one comes out to fight or ask questions about the game don't just sit on the sideline get involved and lets all have a great time.I love this game as much as the next fighter in my unit so come on out and lets get after it.I am looking forward to travleing to other dagorhir parks considering we get some feed back so come on kerrville and houston,katy and everyone else who wants to fight.Thats why this board is up so we can conmunicate with each other just some of my thoughts. Marcus sabbathious

marcus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Well

Post  Aridae on Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:00 pm

I heard about this from my friends and wanted to learn more about it and talk to people about it that's why I joined. If I just find that this site is empty then I might take myself to the Plano one. This one seems to be closer though. I just wanted to learn and get actively involved so that when I'm 16 I might be able to participate and my friends think I'm incompetent and can't do this so.

Aridae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where are all yall Texas fighters at?

Post  Casimir on Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:27 am

Well we are definitely not empty. The forums look a little bare but that is only because we do most of our communication at practice. If you are interested I think you should try to come by this Saturday. That would allow you to meet everyone first hand, see us in action, and easily ask any questions that you may have.
Casimir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Buster of Shadows on Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:02 pm

Kerrville is finally here! Sorry it took so long, just found out you guys had a forum! anyways, bookmarking it, so here we go!

Kill yall soon! Busta!

Buster of Shadows

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Casimir on Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:49 pm

Cool, look forward to battling with you. We should try to arrange a battle between the Kerrville and Austin/Manor soon.
Casimir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Austin/Manor

Post  Aridae on Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:09 pm

Is there an Austin/ Manor team? It's closer to me and that might be where my friends are.

Aridae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Casimir on Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:13 am

I am not sure what you are asking there. Grim Sword is the Austin/Manor Dagorhir chapter. If you live in the Austin or Manor region you should be able to make it out, it isn't too far. I live in south Austin and it is only a 22-ish minute drive to practice. We have people that come down from north Austin and the drive is even shorter for them.
Casimir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex on Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:43 pm

I drive in from Elgin, which is just a few minutes east of Grim Sword's Manor meet site. Yesterday was my first day with them, and I'll definitely be back.

Alex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Casimir on Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:56 pm

I am glad to hear you will be making it back. I look forward to seeing you on the 14th.
Casimir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

me and friends

Post  Ironhead on Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:39 am

me and a few friends are all interested in expirencing Dagohir, but there are a couple of problems. 1) We are all 15, with the exception of my dad and any other dads that come. Can we still participate so long as we have any waivers, etc. filled out? 2) We all live in a SW suburb of Houston and as far as i am aware of, you guys are the closest chapter. If we can participate than we could probaly only come maybe once a month.

Last edited by Ironhead on Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sry, mispelled a few things)

Ironhead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Izec on Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:32 pm

We did fight some guys in Houston, but I'm not sure if they are still there. I sent them an email a while back and didn't hear anything.

But, there are some guys in Katy who play Dagorhir. In this thread there is a guy named Drunk Bear who says they are fighting in Katy every Sunday. Here is what he posted:

there is also a katy unit that loves to fight, we practice every sunday around 3pm on the field behind 3310 Thorpeshire Ct. Katy, TX, 77494

We'd love to have more fighters, but I understand that driving in from Houston is a really, really long way, so Katy would be a much better idea for you.
Izec

View user profile http://www.grimsword.com

Back to top Go down

me and my friends

Post  Ironhead on Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:23 pm

thats awsome! but is the age thing any big issue? b/c i understand some chapters require a person to be 16, i didnt know if u guys are one of them

Ironhead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dehonarinn on Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:42 am

Here in Grim sword we are very lax on the rules for age and garb, but we still would like to have waivers for those underage. Maybe not the first time out, but by the 2nd or third we would expect the paperwork to be signed.

Dehonarinn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Izec on Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:00 pm

Hey Ironhead, we are kind of lax on minimum age at Grim Sword. We haven't really come to a definite decision amongst the chapter, but it is my thinking that 14 and up should be okay. Either way, like Dehonarinn mentioned, we will need waivers signed at some point. The thing about minors is that I think the waivers need to be signed by parents and notarized. I'm not 100% sure on the notarized part, but they at least need to be signed by a parent.

As for the Katy group, I don't know what their minimum age is. Your best be is going to be to check them out on Sunday and see what they will allow. Good luck!
Izec

Back to top Go down

Well Izec....

Post  Bromhir on Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:19 am

I am here in Pleasanton, Tx. and would like to fight Amt/Dag/Bel with anyone.

Bromhir
Bromhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Casimir on Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:51 am

You have a little bit of a drive, but come on over, next fight is on the 28th.
Casimir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Izec on Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:45 pm

Bromhir wrote:I am here in Pleasanton, Tx. and would like to fight Amt/Dag/Bel with anyone.

Bromhir

Bromhir! How are things down there? Did that guy ever email you? If not, I'll give his addy to you.

And if you want to come up here to fight with us we'll be happy to have you. We fight every other Saturday, our next fight day being Feb. 28th. Hopefully that doesn't interfere with your Amtgard day.

We just went to the Kerrville Dag chapter last Sunday and met a guy from San Antonio who was talking about starting a San Antonio Dag chapter. Maybe they'll get something going.

And if you can't make it up here I would be willing to take a trip down there. Maybe I'll even be able to bring some of our guys with us. I haven't seen you in a while, bro, and it would be cool to visit you.
Izec

Back to top Go down

My location

Post  Izakd Inedikey on Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:59 am

I'm here in Austin. I'm usually with the Bronzehammer guys on Saturdays, but otherwise, I just practice at home with my buddy from time to time. I might be getting out to Round Rock, though. Only time can tell. Wink
Izakd Inedikey

View user profile http://myspace.com/thelightningreborn

Back to top Go down

Post  Bromhir on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:33 am

Izec wrote:Bromhir! How are things down there? Did that guy ever email you? If not, I'll give his addy to you.

And if you want to come up here to fight with us we'll be happy to have you. We fight every other Saturday, our next fight day being Feb. 28th. Hopefully that doesn't interfere with your Amtgard day.

We just went to the Kerrville Dag chapter last Sunday and met a guy from San Antonio who was talking about starting a San Antonio Dag chapter. Maybe they'll get something going.

And if you can't make it up here I would be willing to take a trip down there. Maybe I'll even be able to bring some of our guys with us. I haven't seen you in a while, bro, and it would be cool to visit you.

Yeah wrote me and I was able to get ahold of John. He and his crew will be down to PR this Sunday! Would love to come up, but due to work this weekend and SpringWar commin' up, is a very busy time for me. Just to let ya know we are a Sunday park, if you need directions just call.

Bromhir
Bromhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down