Moving to a New Park!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Moving to a New Park!!!!

Post  Izec on Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:04 pm

Hey everybody,

We are officially moving the park. Right now we are going to try out Bartholemew Park. It is located at 51st Street and Berkman Drive. The official address is 5201 Berkman Drive, but we will be meeting at the first parking lot on 51st Street (next to the basketball court and pool).

How to get there:

From I-35:
-Take the exit for 51st Street
-Head East on 51st Street (if you are coming from the north you will turn left under I-35, if you are coming from the south I'm not sure if you can just turn right on 51st)
- Drive about a mile and you will see the park on the left - turn into the first parking lot you see (it will have a basketball court and a pool)
- We will be meeting next to the basketball court

From 290:
- Take the exit for Berkman Drive
- Head south on Berkman ( if you are heading west from 290 turn left under 290 to go south on Berkman, if you are heading east on 290 turn right onto Berkman)
- Drive until you Berkman dead ends at 51st Street then turn left (you will see the park on your left)
- Turn left into the first parking lot you see (it will have a basketball court and a pool)
- We will be meeting next to the basketball court

***I will probably be showing up at about 3 pm, so if you get there at 2pm and no one is there, you can wait for me if you want***

Izec

View user profile http://www.grimsword.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving to a New Park!!!!

Post  Izec on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:09 pm

UPDATE: Currently, there is a chance for rain on Saturday. The chances vary depending on who you are listening to, so...if it is raining when you are getting ready to leave then we probably are not fighting. You can call me if need be. PM me and I'll slide you the number if you don't have it.
Izec

Back to top Go down

Post  Diabolus Vile on Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:26 am

For some reason I get the feeling having it there might attract some new people. Plus there's a creek and it kinda reminds me of the park in Kerrville which I liked because it was such a big open area.
Diabolus Vile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Milo Baines on Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:13 pm

grats neighbors on the new park...now that the weather's starting to be more pleasant, i'll be talking with my guys on coming up there for a visit and some hacky slashy fun... Very Happy

still every other saturday, right?

Milo Baines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Casimir on Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:38 pm

How was the new place?
Casimir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pluvius ceribus on Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:22 pm

It was good. The first day there we had to guys fighting with us. There is a lot of traffic and people that go by. I think our numbers may grow at this park. It would be better if we can get more than just three of us out there fighting.

pluvius ceribus

View user profile http://grimsword.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Casimir on Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:15 pm

I may not be able to make it next practice, as I will probably be busy moving into my new place, but after that I should be able to make it out for sure.
Casimir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ecthelion on Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:50 pm

Sooo who is going this weekend? Its going to be my first time and i'm bringing friends.

Ecthelion

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Iizninja?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus on Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:12 pm

I will be there for sure at 3:00

marcus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Diabolus Vile on Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:55 am

wrong profile

Last edited by Diabolus Vile on Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Diabolus Vile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Casimir on Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:56 am

I think I am going to need a ride from Wes but I am hoping to go.
Casimir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derian on Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:15 pm

I just moved to the San Antonio area a couple days ago and am looking into checking out some fighting in the area. Most of my experience is with Belegarth, and I'm not really terribly interested in Amtgard battlegames, so I'm pretty excited to see some Dagorhir groups in driving distance.

You guys are planning on fighting at 3:00 today, yes? I'm planning on making the drive up to check it out.

How long does fighting usually last? What does attendance look like?

Derian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Izec on Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:19 pm

I'm planning on showing up at 3 pm. So is (Marcus) Sabbathious. Right now, we usually fight until about 5-6 or so, depending on if people need to leave early or not. Plus, it is the cold time of year, so we tend to wrap it up around when the sun goes down, though we are meeting right next to a basketball court that has lights, so it is conceivable we could play later, if people wanted to. That is one of the reasons I chose Bartholomew Park and that particular spot to meet.

As for attendance, I'm going to be honest, it isn't great. Ever since midsummer hit our attendance dropped from about 7-15+ down to about 2-4 people showing up and hasn't picked back up like it normally would in autumn. It is probably due to a few reasons; one being the old location was kind of out there in the sticks and too far for some; two being work schedule changes for some people (one of our players gave a ride to a number of the others and he got a night shift job and couldn't make it out as much, and I also got a night job and it became difficult for me to make it to the Saturday fight days and I had to stop going to Friday night practices entirely). So, we moved the park into Austin and are trying to get people back out again. It is the cold, rainy months, though, and hopefully it'll be warming up soon and more peeps will start coming out.

Another option for you, Derian, might be checking out The Southlands (http://milobaines.blogspot.com/) in New Braunfels. Not that we wouldn't love for you to come up here to fight, but it would be a shorter drive for you to fight with them. When last we visited them they were fighting on Sundays. You can read about them in the link I posted just above. But hey, come on out today and see what you think of Texas fighting and how we do it. Hope to see you out there today, and Ecthelion as well!

Edit: Derian, were/are you the Belegarth board webmaster? If so, I believe I sent you a sword that I made last year. If that's you, it would be awesome to meet you and hear how the blade held up.
Izec

Back to top Go down

Post  Milo Baines on Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:31 pm

izec's right, we would LOVE to have you over for practice derian...we've been kinda slack lately, but what with the weather looking better and all, plus another new fighter to the southlands possibly showing up...well, i guess we just gotta be out there then... Very Happy

you can send me an email directly to southlands@dagorhir.com

looking forward to fighting with ya...

also, grimsworders...i'll be having a gentleman from a local camp site down on the 28th to check us out and talk to about holding an event...if anyone wants to roll on over and help give him a good showing...

Milo Baines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Casimir on Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:34 pm

How was the turn out? Now that I am settled into my new place, I should be able to start making it out, additionally, I am really close to Old Settler's now, so I should be making practice alot more.
As for making it out on the 28th, I wouldn't mind showing up.
Casimir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

possible new member

Post  Abigor Legion on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:13 pm

Hello.
saw this on a movie the other day and said i would sooooo do this.. so here i am, looking over your site for as much info as possible..
so you all meet every other sat now or has that changed ?
thanks
Abigor Legion

Abigor Legion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus on Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:27 pm

yes that still the plan we will be out next Sat. the 27th

marcus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Casimir on Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:52 pm

Nice to hear from you Abigor, yes, we do meet every other Saturday and the 27th is our next Saturday meeting. Additionally, you have your location listed as Round Rock, which that being the case, you should look into making it out to Friday practices as well. We meet every Friday in Round Rock to fight, normally in Old Settler's Park but recently at one of our member's house because of the cold. You should try to make it out on Friday as well, I am sure you will love it.
Casimir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pluvius ceribus on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:56 pm

what's up, Abigor? yes we will be fighting the 27th at about 3:00.
Hey Aurgelmir, I did not know that the Friday practice was still going on. Have you been lately? and you have how is everyone?
See you all on the 27th.

The Pluv

pluvius ceribus

Back to top Go down

Post  Casimir on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:54 am

Yeah, we are still doing Fridays. Everyone is doing good. If you can you should try to make it out.
Casimir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hello

Post  Donser on Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:54 pm

A couple years ago I did Belegarth in Nashville, TN. I still have my swords and shields and I was wondering how many people do you usually have coming out on Saturdays? I may come out tomorrow. 3pm at Bartholemew Park?

Donser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Casimir on Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:06 am

It is 3pm at Bartholemew Park, by the basketball court if I am not mistaken. As for how many people usually come out, I can not say for sure as I have not been to the new park yet, but I know that I am going to be showing tomorrow. So whatever the usualy number is +2 because me and my ride will be attending. Look forward to meeting you.
Casimir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pluvius ceribus on Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:22 am

Hey Donser, last fight day we had I think 6 or 7. I was not there had to work. With the weather and school we haven't had a big turnout. In the summer we some times had 15+ people show up, I miss those days. We had enough people to do different battle scenarios, but lately we have just been ditching. Hope to see you today. I will be there about 2:30 or 3.

pluvius ceribus

Back to top Go down

Post  Derian on Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:04 am

Thanks for the fights, gents! The wife and I had a great time.

I hope to see you guys on the field again soon.

Derian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pluvius ceribus on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:38 pm

Thanks Derian and wife for coming out last fight day. I had a blast fighting you. Hope to fight you again soon.

pluvius ceribus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top