Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Projects

+2
Izec
Casimir
6 posters

Go down

Current Projects Empty Current Projects

Post  Casimir Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:32 pm

I wanted to make a thread where people could talk about the projects they are currently working on. Be it weapons, armor, garb or persona to get feed back or advice if any is to be offered. Or of course just to show off something you might be proud of.

Personally I am working on a logo and name for the goblin unit. We have booted a couple of ideas for a logo around and have come to an agreement on a rough draft of the emblem.
We are also thinking up some ideas for a standard weapon for the unit. At first we were playing with the idea of an inward curving cutlass, but more recently I have been playing with the idea of a thin handled green/blue club so that no matter what weapon the fighter preffered to use, they would have an easy to carry side arm with them at all times. Additionally, the skills learned with a blue/green club could translate to most other weapons.

Outside of things for the unit, I am also working on completely redoing my garb to make something that more fits my persona. I am thinking about making a raggedy vest and a tunic in my unit's colors. Then I am going to make a pair of swordsman's pants and beat them up a little bit, and contunue to use my hoop belt and purple sash. As far as footwear and gloves go, I am probably going to continue using my work boots and MMA gloves unless I can get my hands on or make something period that offers similar protection. Saftey > Realism.

I recently made a poleaxe out of my old spear core that may be making it's debut this weekend, I just have the get a cover made for it, which will take forever because I have to hand sew it. But I don't have any immediate plans for weapons, though I do want to make some shields. I plan to make a buckler to provide some protection when I am using reds or dual blues. It is going to be coreless because blucklers and targes need to be manuverable and I don't see any situation in which I will be having to shieldbash someone with one. I also want to make a coreless punch shield like what Pluvius has. Probably going to go with a tower design to offer some additional protection. I am not a big fan of punch shields, but I love that punch tower, so I figure I should make one of my own.

I have no immediate plans for armor, but I am likely going leather/chain composite. I will try to upload some scetches or bring them by to one of the practices here in the future.

That is about the gist of my plans, outside of perhaps putting a dowel rod inside that dagger of mine to make it heavier. What about everyone else?
Casimir
Casimir

Back to top Go down

Current Projects Empty Re: Current Projects

Post  Izec Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:52 pm

I have so much stuff I want to get done, but just not enough time to do it.

The primary thing I'm working on is getting some more loaner swords together. The ones we currently have will be wearing out soon, so I'd like to have some ready to replace them and add to their number.

Beyond that, my new two handed sword is about halfway done.

After that, I'm still trying to figure how to make an oval shield that is concave.

Then, more armor.
Izec
Izec

http://www.grimsword.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:25 pm

I am also wanting to work on some loaner garb, for those that don't have garb. I think we need to start looking the part of Dag. Most of the guys that are coming out are not quite newbs.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://grimsword.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Casimir Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:17 am

When I get e little more done with my new and improved garb, my old tabard is going to go into the loaner garb pile. I just need to sew a seam onto the neckline, and I am probably going to paint the Grim Sword logo on the chest.
Casimir
Casimir

Back to top Go down

Post  Casimir Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:58 pm

I have plans for my new combat garb drawn out, and it should look pretty cool. I just have to get a sewing machine so I can make it happen. I also have some feast garb drawn out for any large events I may go to where it will be appropriate to wear such, however, my new combat garb is my top priority.
Casimir
Casimir

Back to top Go down

Post  Casimir Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:52 pm

I finished that other javelin. Only had white cloth tape for this one. So I have one black javelin and one white javelin. They are going to look cool right up until the first time I throw the white one and it gets dirty.
Casimir
Casimir

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowyrat Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:16 pm

Right now I'm working on my armor. The torso is going to be black leather, with a buckle design down the front. We're going to back it with red egyptian cotton and cut a scratch mark out on the back that will cover pretty much the whole back of my armor. I'm going to have a sleeve on my left arm that I'll be able to remove, with a bracer and glove on my right arm. I'm going to have my leg armor made out of red egyptian cotton with knee-high black moccasins, side-laced. I'm also going to buy a wolf helm from one of the Belegarth armor smiths so I don't get my nose nearly broken again.
Snowyrat
Snowyrat

Back to top Go down

Post  Izakd Inedikey Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:55 am

Due to the complete lack of funds I currently have...
I'm working on my outfit. I think I've got it down, for the most part. I was gonna sew a ragged vest to it, but there were complications, so I stopped with that.

On the plus side, I've got that Axe completely finished, all sown up and the like. pirat
Izakd Inedikey
Izakd Inedikey

http://myspace.com/thelightningreborn

Back to top Go down

Post  Casimir Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:11 pm

Admin wrote:I am also wanting to work on some loaner garb, for those that don't have garb. I think we need to start looking the part of Dag. Most of the guys that are coming out are not quite newbs.
I made a loaner tunic. It is big and purple. Whoever doesn't have their own garb gets to wear it...be warned, it is ugly.
Casimir
Casimir

Back to top Go down

Post  Diabolus Vile Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:54 pm

Aurgelmir wrote:
Admin wrote:I am also wanting to work on some loaner garb, for those that don't have garb. I think we need to start looking the part of Dag. Most of the guys that are coming out are not quite newbs.
I made a loaner tunic. It is big and purple. Whoever doesn't have their own garb gets to wear it...be warned, it is ugly.

BIIIIIIG SHOOOUUUUULDERRRRRRS.

Also, I has a shield cover.

Current Projects Picture18
Diabolus Vile
Diabolus Vile

Back to top Go down

Post  Casimir Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:27 am

I have to say, that looks awesome. Looks like it is a leather shield. Is it a drawstring cover? Regardless, great work.
Casimir
Casimir

Back to top Go down

Post  Diabolus Vile Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:13 pm

Aurgelmir wrote:I have to say, that looks awesome. Looks like it is a leather shield. Is it a drawstring cover? Regardless, great work.

It was a little difficult curving the hem and pushing the string through was a pain but I need to reinforce the stitching and get a better cord since I can't find my thick rope twine I was going to use. I used the excess pieces of clothe to make a couple of arming caps (1 Goblin Cap, 1 regular). They're poofy on top but flatten out if you tighten them down on the head with cords.
Diabolus Vile
Diabolus Vile

Back to top Go down

Post  Diabolus Vile Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:35 pm

Swordeh.

It looks orange cuz it's orange underneath and the cover is see-through on accident. I'll just say it's glowing from heat or something like an enchanted blade.

Current Projects Picture10

Current Projects Picture11
Diabolus Vile
Diabolus Vile

Back to top Go down

Post  Casimir Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:05 pm

Looks pink to me.
Casimir
Casimir

Back to top Go down