Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ducky McFeelgood is coming Thangorodrim (Kerrville Tx)

4 posters

Go down

Ducky McFeelgood is coming Thangorodrim (Kerrville Tx) Empty Ducky McFeelgood is coming Thangorodrim (Kerrville Tx)

Post  duckymcfeelgood Fri May 14, 2010 2:52 am

HI! You probably don't know me, and im pretty sure i don't know you. But my name is Ducky and im making a pilgrimage to the South Lands to stay a few weeks at the Kerrville Folk Fest. On my way down thou, i want to see if you guys had a practice on Saturday the 22nd.

Also through out the two and a half weeks i will be out there, i will be fighting in Thangorodrim.

A brief mention on the National Boards have suggested a common meeting could be held, most likely in Austin or Kerrville, during the time i would be at the Festival. (May 22 through June 10)

So let me know your thoughts.

duckymcfeelgood

Back to top Go down

Ducky McFeelgood is coming Thangorodrim (Kerrville Tx) Empty Re: Ducky McFeelgood is coming Thangorodrim (Kerrville Tx)

Post  pluvius ceribus Mon May 17, 2010 6:10 pm

Hello Ducky. Yes the 22nd is a fight day "practice". However it looks like that I will not make it do to Daughters birthday. As far as I know there should be others there. Reply back to let everyone know if you will be making it for sure.

pluvius ceribus

http://grimsword.com/

Back to top Go down

Ducky McFeelgood is coming Thangorodrim (Kerrville Tx) Empty Re: Ducky McFeelgood is coming Thangorodrim (Kerrville Tx)

Post  Casimir Sat May 22, 2010 1:33 am

He has been saying he will come on the national boards for a few days now, but posted a little while back that he doesn't have internet access, so he was probably not able to read your reply. According to the national boards, we also have a new fighter planning to come out and attend tomorrow, and 2-4 people from the Southlands are going to be attending. It should be a nice practice.
Casimir
Casimir

Back to top Go down

Post  pluvius ceribus Sun May 23, 2010 10:31 pm

So how was the fight day? Did the guys show up that were talking about showing up from the national boards?

pluvius ceribus

Back to top Go down

Post  Casimir Mon May 24, 2010 11:34 am

No clue. I didn't get to make it out.
Casimir
Casimir

Back to top Go down

Post  pluvius ceribus Mon May 24, 2010 7:46 pm

I hope some of us showed up so that the "outsiders" were not disappointed.

pluvius ceribus

Back to top Go down

Post  Izec Tue May 25, 2010 9:13 am

I showed up. It was me, the two Wes's, and Milo and Snake from New Braunfels. No one else showed. Still, it was fun. Got to see Milo's nify new Plastidip shield. It was pretty schwanky.
Izec
Izec

http://www.grimsword.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Casimir Tue May 25, 2010 10:12 am

Now that you have seen and got to feel a plastidip shield, what do you think of plastidip being a legal shield cover material?
Casimir
Casimir

Back to top Go down

Post  Izec Tue May 25, 2010 5:37 pm

While I thought it was nifty looking, I wasn't 100% sold it was safe. After being plasticized the foam got pretty hard. Milo had some small gears on the shield edge that concerned me the most, but I dismissed it because I knew Milo was not an aggressive fighter with a shield. If he were an aggressive shield fighter who engaged in a lot of bashing and shield edging I would have mentioned it to him, but I didn't think it would be an issue. Maybe that's wrong of me to make an arbitrary call regarding safety for a piece of equipment based mostly on what I know about an individual, but I figured it was an experiment. I wanted to see what would happen with the material; that maybe it would soften up with more use/contact. As far as I know it didn't cause any problems. Will it cause any in the future? Maybe...who can say? But I let it on the field to see what would happen, and I saw no immediate negative results. I think in the long run I would be okay with Plastidip covered shields, but I would probably require that it not be used on the edge, or if it were used on the edges that it be a smooth edge and try to avoid hard corners.
Izec
Izec

Back to top Go down

Post  pluvius ceribus Tue May 25, 2010 9:40 pm

Man I wish that I could have seen the shield. and by the way, nice to see you are alive Izec. You haven't been on the boards in a while.

pluvius ceribus

Back to top Go down

Post  Izec Wed May 26, 2010 7:05 pm

Yeah, been having computer issues. Finally got an old machine to work, so here I am. But it runs slow so I don't spend much time on it. Unless you were talking about the national Dag boards, and in that case, I don't visit them anymore. Seems like the same 2 or 3 dozen people posting the same outdated ideas/agendas. Not really interested in it anymore until I can eventually head up north and see them face to face to see how they fight and that way I can tell for sure if they have any clue about the things they are talking about.
Izec
Izec

Back to top Go down

Post  duckymcfeelgood Sat May 29, 2010 10:02 pm

so hey. last sunday was move in day and i got way over whelmed. however, i will be there tomorrow the 30. So sorry if you showed up expecting me.

duckymcfeelgood

Back to top Go down

Post  Izec Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:58 pm

Aw, man, I'm sorry if you made it all the way out and found nobody there, Ducky. We currently fight every other Saturday (every 2 weeks), and the 30th was our day off. Sorry if you came all the way out to fight and found no one there. If you're willing to come out again, we will be fighting this coming Saturday, June 5th, starting at about 3 pm, weather permitting.
Izec
Izec

Back to top Go down

Post  Casimir Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:21 pm

Izec wrote:Yeah, been having computer issues. Finally got an old machine to work, so here I am. But it runs slow so I don't spend much time on it. Unless you were talking about the national Dag boards, and in that case, I don't visit them anymore. Seems like the same 2 or 3 dozen people posting the same outdated ideas/agendas. Not really interested in it anymore until I can eventually head up north and see them face to face to see how they fight and that way I can tell for sure if they have any clue about the things they are talking about.
Haha.
Casimir
Casimir

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down