Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Braunfels

5 posters

Go down

New Braunfels Empty New Braunfels

Post  Casimir Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:58 pm

As some of you know, we plan on visiting The Southlands, a group in New Braunfels in the next couple of months. If possible we want to got Thangordrim to go to to get a nice turn out. I just to want to stress to everyone who plans to attend to atleast wear something decent in terms of garb. I am not saying that you need to be wearing the whole get-up with period hand made shoes, natural fabrics and period deoderant...but lets try not to look like a bunch of nerds with padded sticks. Look your part, if you require paint, put it on. Dress to impress. If noone else does, I will post the date once it gets confirmed and I find out. Thanks guys.
Casimir
Casimir

Back to top Go down

New Braunfels Empty Re: New Braunfels

Post  pluvius ceribus Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:34 am

Alrighty let us all know when. Hopefully it will be on a Sat. I do not know when they fight.

pluvius ceribus

http://grimsword.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Izec Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:04 pm

Right now I'm currently waiting for Buster from Thangordrim to get back to me. I don't want to put down a solid date until we hear back from Kerrville for a day that will work for them. Worse comes to worse we might end up waiting until the Fall for cooler weather because this is looking to be a damn hot summer this year.
Izec
Izec

http://www.grimsword.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Izec Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:28 pm

I emailed Milo from New Braunfels and invited him to post a time and place for us to go down there for a simple visit. He told me that they can't fight in any city parks in New Braunfels, so for right now I think a simple meet and greet/fight day would be good for both of us, especially since I haven't heard back from Buster yet.
Izec
Izec

Back to top Go down

Post  Milo Baines Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:46 am

what up grim sword brothers and sister...we here in the southlands look forward to some good fightin times with ya'll...

like izec mentioned, the parks are OFF LIMITS to us without some series liability insurance, but come the fall and winter months i fully expect to be able to make some sort of arrangement with the local tubing camp sites down river rd. for a multi-day event...why should those up north have all the fun with Rag and what not...

anyways, as far as a day trip...we would love to see ya'll come down...we currently hold practice on sunday from 5 pm until dark on a field behind the bank where i work at 1656 state highway 46 west...take 35 to exit 186, or the walnut exit, turn right...you'll see walmart to your left and an h-e-b to your right...and follow walnut all the way through town until you pass UNDER loop 337 going towards boerne and points beyond. we are just past the loop 337 overpass, right next to the walgreens...there is a lot of construction going on right now so watch for the entrance...the bank is called First Commercial Bank with a big FCB sign in front...park wherever and head to the back. i must ask that anyone wishing to come to one of our practices bring a waiver, especially if you are a minor(get it notarized first, obviously) as it is one of the restrictions on us using the field...we don't have many people yet, but we would still love to meet some vets and talk and fight and fight and talk as we see fit seeing as how it's already triple digits outside...if sunday is less than ideal, we might be able to arrange a back yard get together on saturday...i guess you guys talk about it and izec can email me with whatever ya'll come up with and we'll hammer out the details then...

either way, i plan on having much foam padded fun with all my texas peeps and hope to be able to come down to manor sometime soon...

p.s. when is your next practice...it might be easier, at least at first, if we come down to ya'll...we are still kinda getting our footing and figuring all this running a chapter stuff out...

Milo Baines

Back to top Go down

Post  Milo Baines Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:35 pm

hello again my grimsword brothers and sisters...i just wanted to come on your boards to tell ya'll that we will be moving to a new, and much much much better, practice site starting the first sunday in august, practice will go from 2 pm until it's too dark to see where we are...it's going to be at slumber falls camp & retreat center...directions can be found at http://www.slumberfalls.org/about_us/directions.htm we have soooo much room to fight in at this place it ain't even funny...only it is cause it's awesome and such...

anyone wants to come out feel free...but bring a signed and or notarized waiver cause that stuff is important...

Milo Baines

Milo Baines

Back to top Go down

Post  Izakd Inedikey Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:50 pm

Well, you could either come this Friday.
Or next week, Friday OR Saturday. But that'd be a hassle, waiting till next week, cuz we're going up there next week, yes?
Izakd Inedikey
Izakd Inedikey

http://myspace.com/thelightningreborn

Back to top Go down

Post  Izec Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:04 am

We will be heading down to visit the New Braunfels peeps this coming August 16th. I'm not sure about the time, but I sent an email to Milo to see. Either way, we'll be heading down there to fight them and if you plan on going you will need a waiver. I've got some of us on file, and Bill has the rest, but minors are going to have to get their waivers signed by their parents/guardians and have them notarized. I don't recall having seen any of the minors returning a notarized waiver yet. You can get them notarized at most banks (I believe). Every time I've needed something notarized I just head over to a Woodforest bank that is located in a Wal-Mart (they're open longer hours than typical banks). If you don't have a waiver you don't get to fight. I'll have some blanks with me for the adults who don't need notarization. I'll be bringing blanks to the Friday night practice, to the game day on Saturday, and with me on Sunday.

The address:
Slumber Falls Camp and Retreat Center
3610 River Road
New Braunfels, TX 78132

Directions to the place if you are coming from Austin:

you will exit IH35 at Exit 189 onto Highway 46 West (also known as Loop 337), and drive for approximately 3 miles.

Turn right on River Road (at the Shell station on your right) and drive 1.7 miles to the "Y" in the road. This intersection is the location of the new River Road Ice House.

You will continue on River Road to the right for .5 miles. You will see the green gate and the Slumber Falls sign on the right. You will enter the camp down our paved entrance and drive until it ends at our main Lodge.
Izec
Izec

Back to top Go down

Post  Izec Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:26 pm

Hey everybody, Milo emailed me back and he said we should aim to get there by 2pm. We can talk about leaving times this coming Friday and Saturday. Again, the start time is 2pm this coming Sunday, August 16th, for our visit to the New Braunfels group.
Izec
Izec

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum