Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 2011 Battle for Texas

+4
Milo Baines
Casimir
pluvius ceribus
Izec
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

February 2011 Battle for Texas - Page 2 Empty Re: February 2011 Battle for Texas

Post  Izec Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:54 am

That's too bad, man, but I totally understand. For your info, there is a Dag event taking place in the Dallas area on May 13th - 15th, I believe. More info here: http://www.dagorhir.com/forums/index.php?topic=21212.0

Also, here is the update on the Battle for Texas!

Sorry for the lack of updates on this event. It has been busy, busy, busy lately. But, just for more info for those attending here's the update and rough schedule:

First off, basic rules/info for the event: the cost for the event is $5. Watching is free, but if you want to fight and/or eat, you'll need to pay $5. If you want to fight, you will have to sign a waiver (we will have blanks available). If you are a minor, print out the waiver and have your parents/guardians sign it before you bring it down.
PLEASE BE AWARE: if you are a minor and don't bring a signed waiver, you will not be fighting. If you are an adult and are not willing to sign a waiver, you will not be fighting.

Also, garb is not being strictly enforced, but you will need at least a tabard or tunic. I will have a few extras, but don't count on it. We would rather have people fight and have fun than turn any away who don't have full, nice garb. If this is your first, second, or third time out to any Dagorhir ever, we'll still let you play in mundane clothing.

Also, don't be an idiot or a jerkoff. We fully reserve the right to kick you from the event with no refund if you cause trouble. If you think this is an ambiguous statement as to what constitutes "trouble", you are right. We have little tolerance for idiocy. Play nice, play fair, and have fun. Major weapons checks will take place throughout the day before each event. Your weapons must meet basic Dagorhir rulebook regulations, including weight mins and maxes, length, and dimensions, safety, and be in good repair. If your equipment is not in good repair, it may not pass. A few loaner blues will be available, but don't count on them.

And, I want to have some video taken of the event to post online. So, please be aware that if you attend you may end up in a video online.

Rough Schedule of Events -
-starting 10:30 am: People begin to arrive and set up

-starting 11 am: First ditch fighting begins - not an official battle, just pick up fighting, warm up

-starting 11:30 am: the First Battle - a two sided field battle with limited projectiles and limited lives. This is to simulate a skirmish between two groups who come across each other unexpectedly.

-starting 12 pm: more ditching/in between fighting

- starting 1 to 1:30 pm: Lunch - to include hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, condiments. A simple meal, to which you must provide your own drinks (there is a convenience store across the street for those not bringing drinks). If this lunch is not your thing, that is fine, but we still require the $5 if you are fighting. There are multiple options for food in the close area, just ask us if you need directions to local eateries.

- starting 2 pm - the Tournament begins. Single elimination with three categories. Category 1: single blue Category 2: dual blue or board and blue (your choice), and Category 3: open weapon. It is my goal to get through the tournament as quickly as possible. At this time there will be three prizes offered; a sword, a shield, and bracers (which I will have to make and ship to the winner after the event is over: I will be custom carving a pair of armor legal leather bracers for the winner with the design of their choice). The winner of the tourney gets their pick of the prizes, the runner up then gets their pick of what's left, and the third runner up gets the prize that is left. Good luck! Be honorable, play fair, and don't try to cheat, please. I know competition can bring out the...hmm...shady in people sometimes, but the heralds will drop the hammer and make the call on the fighting. But it is more helpful if you don't make us be hard asses.

-starting 2 or 2:30ish (dependent on the end of the tourney): The Second Battle: An open field battle with full rules and projectiles. Each side will have a certain number of lives, which will be whittled down over the course of the battle. This is to simulate a full army battle with full resources. The winner and loser of this battle has a direct bearing on how the Third Battle on the Bridge will play out.

- starting 3:30: more pick up fighting, maybe trying some different games

- starting 4:30 to 5pm - The Final Battle on the Bridge: This is to simulate a battle that takes place at the doorstep of the loser's keep. The losing side from the previous battle must defend against the winning, invading force from the previous battle. This is a timed battle. If the defenders can hold off the attackers then they will have successfully repelled the invaders and have won the Battle for Texas! If the invaders succeed and raze the defenders, they will be the winners of the Battle for Texas! (**Note: we may need to adjust the sides and take multiple tries at the bridge battle, just for fun to see how it works. The bridge can only accommodate about 3-4 people wide, so I'm not 100% sure it will work as I have planned.)

- after 5pm til dark - more pick up fighting

***Please keep in mind these times are still tentative. Things happen and we may need to adjust the battle schedule throughout the day. Please be understanding of this.

Weather: rough weather forecast at this time: Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 70s. Lows 44 to 51.

And to whet your appetite for the event, this shield will be one of the prizes in the tournament. It is a teardrop shield, plastidipped and painted, full foam core with a center grip handle, about 22" wide by 31" tall:

February 2011 Battle for Texas - Page 2 Shieldsn
Izec
Izec

http://www.grimsword.com

Back to top Go down

February 2011 Battle for Texas - Page 2 Empty Re: February 2011 Battle for Texas

Post  pluvius ceribus Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:22 am

Wow! Great job on the sheild.

pluvius ceribus

http://grimsword.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Chocrates Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:39 am

Just want to say, that event was awesome!
I hope we can host it again at some point.

Chocrates

Back to top Go down

Post  KrixMercades Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:04 pm

Hey all, Krix here (That dude in the pimptastic pants fightin flo)

Just wanted to post here and say thanks for hosting an awesome event, myself and Abi had such a great time. We seriously could not stop talking about it for the rest of the evening, really made the weekend for both of us. Hopefully we'll see y'all out again at some point to sling some more foam. Til then cheers!
-Krix

KrixMercades

Back to top Go down

Post  Avarice Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:26 pm

I wish i could have gotten out of work, i had a lot of fun. I'm still trying to get back to Austin so i can be a regular again.

Avarice

Back to top Go down

Post  Izec Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:54 pm

I'm sorry I missed these posts until now. I'm glad you guys came out and had a good time! And it would be awesome to see you out there regularly again, Avarice.
Izec
Izec

http://www.grimsword.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pluvius ceribus Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:32 pm

Thanks Avarice, Krix and Abi for coming out. FYI this Saturday is fight day. I will br there about 3ish. Hope to see y'all out again.

pluvius ceribus

http://grimsword.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2